Are you an English speaker, interested in supporting scientists and other researchers to publish their latest results? We are looking for full-time English editors to support our scholarly journals from our office in Novi Sad, Serbia.
We are looking for meticulous and highly motivated people to join our team of English Editors at MDPI.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Editors are expected to accurately edit scholarly articles, working to short deadlines and meeting work targets with a high degree of consistency. Alongside editing scholarly papers, there are ample opportunities to diversify and develop through additional responsibilities, such as editing corporate material, supporting journal editors with English-related tasks, training new starters, working in the marketing department, covering departmental emails, and pursuing leadership positions. You will be expected to work full-time from our Serbian offices and be familiar with Microsoft Word. All editors undergo a probation period during which in-house training is provided.
- Advanced level of English
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in any subject
- Experience in both editing and writing
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Excellent time management and self-organisation skills
- Great attention to detail
- Willingness to collaborate as part of an international team
- An interest in scholarly research and working with research material
The following are a benefit:
- Previous experience of editing, writing, or publishing
- Experience using LaTeX
- Experience working in a research environment
- A PhD or equivalent qualification
What we offer
- Contributing to the academic community
- Mentorship program and training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals in the scientific publishing industry
- Various opportunities for professional development in an international company
- Private health insurance & team building activities
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility to spend time abroad and collaborate with colleagues in other MDPI offices
- Working in a collaborative, diverse, and socially responsible team
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your complete application. Please submit your cover letter and CV. We look forward to welcoming you to our Novi Sad office.
A pioneer in scholarly, open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, MDPI has the mission to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines.
We operate currently over 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open-access journals supported by over 66,000 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
Besides our main publishing business, we develop and maintain digital platforms and software ranging from scientific exchange platforms to article databases and search engines, all focused on empowering scholars and giving them the best possible product and service. As of the end of 2022, we count more than 6700 colleagues in 17 offices across 11 countries.
MDPI Serbia was established in 2016 to support the rapid global expansion of MDPI. Over the course of 7 years, we opened 2 offices in Belgrade (Zvezdara and New Belgrade) and 1 additional office in Novi Sad. We now have over 650+ employees in our 3 Serbian offices, dedicated to ensuring that high-quality research is made available as quickly as possible in different fields of science.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: