To strengthen our AI team, we are looking for a Senior Python Developer that will play a key role in supporting the development of new machine learning / artificial intelligence applications and maintaining our existing codebase. The position of Senior Python Developer is a full-time and permanent position based in our office in Belgrade, Serbia.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and deploy software modules and AI-driven solutions
- Optimize and maintain existing code for enhanced performance and scalability
- Work closely with data scientists and machine learning engineers to integrate AI models into production
- Ensure code quality through unit testing, system testing, and code reviews
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and propose technical solutions
- Create and maintain technical documentation for developed software and systems
- Stay updated with the latest trends and technologies in the field of AI and Python frameworks, libraries, solutions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Strong experience in Python and its ecosystems
- Knowledge of modern python development like: FastAPI, Pydantic, Ruff, Poetry, Pre-commit or other libraries
- Experience with machine learning frameworks PyTorch, Hugging Face, SkLearn
- Proficiency in Git version control
- Knowledge of Linux environment (both client and server)
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design principles
- Good knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiar with containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
What we offer
- Contributing to the academic community
- Professional growth opportunities through courses, trainings and conferences
- In-house projects only, created and developed within MDPI
- Private health insurance & team building activities
- Flexible working hours
- Working in a collaborative, diverse, and socially responsible team
- Possibility to spend time abroad and collaborate with colleagues in other MDPI offices
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your complete application. Please submit your cover letter and CV. We look forward to welcoming you to our Belgrade office (Science and Technology Park).
A pioneer in scholarly, open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, MDPI has the mission to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines.
We operate currently over 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open-access journals supported by over 66,000 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
Besides our main publishing business, we develop and maintain digital platforms and software ranging from scientific exchange platforms to article databases and search engines, all focused on empowering scholars and giving them the best possible product and service. As of the end of 2022, we count more than 6700 colleagues in 17 offices across 11 countries.
MDPI Serbia was established in 2016 to support the rapid global expansion of MDPI. Over the course of 7 years, we opened 2 offices in Belgrade (Zvezdara and New Belgrade) and 1 additional office in Novi Sad. We now have over 650+ employees in our 3 Serbian offices, dedicated to ensuring that high-quality research is made available as quickly as possible in different fields of science.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: