To strengthen our IT team, we are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to develop server side-rendered (SSR) or single page (SPA) web apps. You will join a fast-paced team driving in an international environment. The position of Senior Frontend Developer is a full-time and permanent position.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Implement flexible, maintainable, well-structured and testable frontend software according to design specifications and following our frontend architecture and stack
- Work in a team on implementing the frontend for one public-facing platform / product (later, help to scale the implementation to other products)
- Contribute to the frontend stack elements (UI components library, data and content access layers, frontend caching, SEO solutions, etc.)
- Collaborate with UX designers to refine designs and provide feedback from the implementation
- Establish and improve guidelines for API design for backend developers to follow.
- Help to build up processes between frontend, UX design, and IT projects
- Take over responsibility for one or more topics relating to performance, security, coding standards, documentation or testing strategies of the frontend stack
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a Master's is an advantage
- At least 4 years of experience in architecting and implementing frontend web apps
- Knowledgable in Typescript and preferably Nuxt & Vue.js (alternatively Next.js & React) required
- Knowledgable in frontend unit testing and e2e testing preferred
- Experience with git and Docker preferred
- Team player with the capability to work in a dynamic, international environment, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to think outside the box to identify and solve problems whilst developing creative and innovative solutions
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Detail oriented with the capacity to see the big picture
Out stack and tools are Figma, Design System, UI Components Library, Nuxt.js v3, Vue.js v3, Pinia, Strapi, Playwright, Node.js, PM2, Docker, Swagger.
We work with Scrum, code reviews, merge requests and CI/CD pipelines.
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your complete application. Please submit your cover letter and CV. We look forward to welcoming you to our Belgrade office.
A pioneer in scholarly, open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, MDPI has the mission to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines.
We operate currently over 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open-access journals supported by over 66,000 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
Besides our main publishing business, we develop and maintain digital platforms and software ranging from scientific exchange platforms to article databases and search engines, all focused on empowering scholars and giving them the best possible product and service. As of the end of 2022, we count more than 6700 colleagues in 17 offices across 11 countries.
MDPI Serbia was established in 2016 to support the rapid global expansion of MDPI. Over the course of 7 years, we opened 2 offices in Belgrade (Zvezdara and New Belgrade) and 1 additional office in Novi Sad. We now have over 650+ employees in our 3 Serbian offices, dedicated to ensuring that high-quality research is made available as quickly as possible in different fields of science.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: