To strengthen our IT team, we are looking for a Junior Data Analyst to join our team in Serbia. You will play a crucial role in our data analytics team and have the opportunity to work with diverse set of data sources, perform data analysis, improve data quality and contribute to data-driven decision making processes in an international environment. The position of Junior Data Analyst is a full-time and permanent position.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Analyze, detect and report irregular data in order to improve data quality
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify trends and insights
- Create data visualizations and report to communicate findings. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business needs
- Support senior data analysts in project execution and analysis. Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging data technologies
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science and similar fields)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of data analysis tools such as Excel, Python
- Good understanding of MySQL syntax
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI)
- Familiarity with python packages like (Pandas, Numpy, Streamlit, Plotly..)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Eagerness to learn and adapt in a dynamic environment
What we offer
- Contributing to the academic community
- Professional growth opportunities through courses, trainings and conferences
- In-house projects only, created and developed within MDPI
- Private health insurance & team building activities
- Flexible working hours
- Working in a collaborative, diverse, and socially responsible team
- Possibility to spend time abroad and collaborate with colleagues in other MDPI offices
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your complete application. Please submit your cover letter and CV. We look forward to welcoming you to our Belgrade office.
A pioneer in scholarly, open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, MDPI has the mission to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines.
We operate currently over 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open-access journals supported by over 66,000 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
Besides our main publishing business, we develop and maintain digital platforms and software ranging from scientific exchange platforms to article databases and search engines, all focused on empowering scholars and giving them the best possible product and service. As of the end of 2022, we count more than 6700 colleagues in 17 offices across 11 countries.
MDPI Serbia was established in 2016 to support the rapid global expansion of MDPI. Over the course of 7 years, we opened 2 offices in Belgrade (Zvezdara and New Belgrade) and 1 additional office in Novi Sad. We now have over 650+ employees in our 3 Serbian offices, dedicated to ensuring that high-quality research is made available as quickly as possible in different fields of science.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: