IT security engineer (M365)
To strengthen our IT team, we are looking for an experienced IT security engineer, who will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing IT and network security, finding solutions to problematic states, and planning and installing M365 security features. You will join a fast-paced team driving in an international environment.
The position of IT security engineer is a full-time position based in our office in Belgrade.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Maintaining and optimizing IT, network security & backup systems based on service requirements
- Planning, installing and administering M365 security features.
- Collaborating with development teams in order to optimize system implementation according to service requirements
- Investigating problematic and defective states to identify root causes and provide optimal possible solutions
- Taking care of the administration of network components like firewalls, routers and switches
- Providing support and solution to IT users (L2/L3 tier)
- Ability to perform basic tasks in Linux servers, e.g. deployment of applications and configuration management
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science combined with 3+ years professional experience
- Know-how in installing, administering, and troubleshooting security solutions
- Good knowledge in IT security, investigating incidents, patch vulnerability and backup management
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 security features, as Defender suite, Intune and conditional access
- Experience in ticketing system L2/L3 and troubleshooting operational issues keeping in mind the overall system operation
- Experience in standard open-source applications like databases, application servers, load balancers and proxies
- Recognized certification in IT security would be an asset
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- Able to work independently and proactively
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your complete application. Please submit your cover letter and CV. We look forward to welcoming you to our Belgrade office.
A pioneer in scholarly, open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, MDPI has the mission to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines.
We operate currently over 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open-access journals supported by over 66,000 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
Besides our main publishing business, we develop and maintain digital platforms and software ranging from scientific exchange platforms to article databases and search engines, all focused on empowering scholars and giving them the best possible product and service. As of the end of 2022, we count more than 6700 colleagues in 17 offices across 11 countries.
MDPI Serbia was established in 2016 to support the rapid global expansion of MDPI. Over the course of 7 years, we opened 2 offices in Belgrade (Zvezdara and New Belgrade) and 1 additional office in Novi Sad. We now have over 650+ employees in our 3 Serbian offices, dedicated to ensuring that high-quality research is made available as quickly as possible in different fields of science.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms:
- Zvezdara Office
What we offer
Contributing to the academic community
Mentorship program and training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals in the scientific publishing industry
Various opportunities for professional development in an international company
Competitive and performance-based bonuses
Private health insurance & team building activities
Flexible working hours
Possibility to spend time abroad and collaborate with colleagues in other MDPI offices
Working in a collaborative, diverse, and socially responsible team
Life & Work at MDPI
We are committed to fostering a supportive and respectful working environment, as well as building friendships that extend beyond the workplace.
We are a young and dynamic team of over 700 people working in Serbia, brought together by our shared passion for science and academic publishing.
Encouraging people to share knowledge and constantly learn from one another, while being open-minded, is a part of our success story.
About MDPI Serbia
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms across all disciplines. We operate more than 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals and serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and quickly available. MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe, Asia, and North America.
MDPI Serbia was established in 2016 to support the rapid global expansion of MDPI. Over the course of 6 years, we opened offices in Belgrade and Novi Sad. With over 650 employees in our 2 Serbian offices, we are dedicated to ensuring that high-quality research is made available as quickly as possible in different fields of science. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
IT security engineer (M365)
Loading application form
Already working at MDPI Serbia?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.