IT Project Manager
To strengthen our IT team, we are looking for an experienced Project Manager and/or Scrum Master to help structure, organize and coordinate a product delivery team. You will join a fast-paced team driving in an international environment. The position of IT Project Manager/Scrum Master is a full-time and permanent position based in our office in Belgrade.
As IT Project Manager you will:
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and Tech Lead about the feasibility of ideas, product requirements and technical solutions / limitations
- Define with the Product Owner the short to mid-term product roadmap in terms of IT development and planning activities
- Understand stakeholders’ requirements and assist in translating them into technical specifications
- Estimate or co-ordinate the estimation of the development time and ensure the efficiency of the development phases
- Track and report progress to the Product Owner and to the Head of IT
- Team management (talk to developers, plan and assign tasks, analyze the work done, etc)
- Take on separate traditional Operational Projects
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject
- At least 5 years of experience in leading Projects, preferably in software/product development
- Solid IT skills and a solid understanding of digital products
- Robust experience in software development process methodology (Scrum preferred)
- Excellent written and spoken English skills (able to understand and articulate clearly to non-native English speaking team members)
- Detail-oriented with the capacity to see the bigger picture
- Team orientated, proactive approach to identifying and solving problems
- Able to think outside the box whilst developing creative and innovative solutions
- Previous development experience (nice to have but not essential)
- Previous experience using planning software Jira, Confluence or similar - nice to have but not essential
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving:
- A motivational letter that briefly describes your motivations for joining MDPI
- A resume including personal information, past education, work experience
- If available: reference letters, certificate
We look forward to welcoming you to our Belgrade office.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms:
- Zvezdara Office
What we offer
Contributing to the academic community
Mentorship program and training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals in the scientific publishing industry
Various opportunities for professional development in an international company
Competitive and performance-based bonuses
Private health insurance & team building activities
Flexible working hours
Possibility to spend time abroad and collaborate with colleagues in other MDPI offices
Working in a collaborative, diverse, and socially responsible team
Life & Work at MDPI
We are committed to fostering a supportive and respectful working environment, as well as building friendships that extend beyond the workplace.
We are a young and dynamic team of over 700 people working in Serbia, brought together by our shared passion for science and academic publishing.
Encouraging people to share knowledge and constantly learn from one another, while being open-minded, is a part of our success story.
About MDPI Serbia
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms across all disciplines. We operate more than 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals and serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and quickly available. MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe, Asia, and North America.
MDPI Serbia was established in 2016 to support the rapid global expansion of MDPI. Over the course of 6 years, we opened offices in Belgrade and Novi Sad. With over 700 employees in our 2 Serbian offices, we are dedicated to ensuring that high-quality research is made available as quickly as possible in different fields of science. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
IT Project Manager
Loading application form
Already working at MDPI Serbia?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.